For my first Piano Blog, I have decided to write my thoughts and feelings down with regards to my recent reintroduction to the piano. At first, I found it rather difficult getting back into the swing of things…sitting down to practice everyday, and there was definitely the odd day in the beginning which I ‘chickened out’ and didn’t practice at all. However after the first week I found it easier and easier and by the third, well, it was part of my daily routine. As they say, it takes three weeks, everyday, to form a habit which you will stick to. This was definitely the case for me!

I have really been working on my finger positioning and using the right fingers when crossing over for different notes and/or scales. I found practicing various scales was a good exercise to remind my hands to work independently of each other, as I found they usually want to do the exact same thing! I dug out an old scale book, The Brown Scale Book: Scales, Chords and Arpeggios for Piano by Frederick Harris Music, which as several scales etc. in it, so my ongoing goal has to been to practice and perfect one each week.

Right-Hand C Major Scale

Right & Left-Hand G Major Scale