As I reflect back on the past semester and my musical journey, I am fairly content with where I am and what I have accomplished. I wish I had been able to have a bit more time to learn some other songs, such as my original Musician Goal Plan song “House of The Rising Sun”, however just because the class and semester is over does not mean my piano playing is! Since picking up the piano again, I have found it is something I have begun to thoroughly enjoy, I look forward to practicing and it is a nice relaxing non-phone or  computer related activity to do in the evening. I find that after dinner just before I get ready for bed I either play and practice a few songs, or read a book and I find I am sleeping much better because of it!

Playing the piano again has also been a highlight for the entire family. My parents enrolled me in lessons when I was very young and to be quite honest, I did not enjoy it most of the time. However, I am now very grateful they did as I have the base knowledge of notes, rhythm etc. which I can carry forward as I pick it up again. As I have mentioned previously, I enjoy it much more now than I did then…and my parents are beyond pleased that I am playing again and the piano is getting used after many years of neglect. My mother has also felt inspired and has picked it up again!  So, with this all being said, I am very grateful for this class and what it has taught me and pushed me to do! I would like to think I would have started to play again, however I believe this class and assignment is what really pushed me to do so.

Oh Christmas Tree

Blue Moon (Practice & Final)

Moon River

I am still working on Moon River and plan to continue to practice it over the winter holidays when I have more time!